BLISS AWAITS YOU
Massage and Spa Etiquette
When getting a massage at a professional massage place, it’s important to follow certain etiquette to ensure a comfortable and respectful experience for both you and your massage therapist. Here are some tips:
1. Please arrive ten or more minutes prior to your scheduled massage or treatment to ensure enough time for parking, filling out our intake form, and getting comfortable on the table.
2. Please use a quiet voice while in the treatment and relaxation areas so as to honor the serenity of our space.
3. Communicate your preferences: Let your massage therapist know if you have any specific areas that need more attention or any areas that are off-limits.
4. Your cell phone must be turned off or silenced while you are here in respect of other clients’ wishes to relax.
5. Undress to your comfort level: You’ll be asked to undress to your comfort level, which typically means removing all clothing except for your underwear. You will be draped with a sheet or towel during the massage, and only the areas being worked on will be exposed.
6. Practice good hygiene: Shower or bathe before your massage and avoid wearing strong perfumes or colognes
7. You will be asked to fill out an intake form so your therapist can cater your massage or treatment to your specific, individual needs.
8. We take a credit card to reserve your appointment. We have a strict cancellation policy of 24 hours (for individuals and couples) and 48 hours (for parties of 3 or more) to respect our therapists’ time and other clients’ appointment requests. You will be charged in full if you cancel within the above stated time before your appointment or do not show for your appointment.
9. Credit card purchases of gift massages or gift cards will be processed on day of purchase. This will ensure payment of your guest’s services upon arrival to his/her appointment.
10. Our therapists greatly appreciate gratuities. For massage, 20%-30% tip is customary.
By following these etiquette tips, you can ensure a pleasant and respectful experience during your massage.